Southern California experienced several intense heat waves this summer and chances are your air conditioning system was on and running extensively to keep you and your family cool. But now as the summer heat disappears and the cooler, fall California weather hits it is important to perform some fall maintenance on your system. Doing so ensures your system will continue to run smoothly and helps prevent any future problems that can result from overlooking simple maintenance.
Here are some tips from us at Advanced Comfort Solutions to help keep your system running in top-notch shape this fall season:
· Clean or replace furnace filters 2-3 times a year. Ignoring to replace filters is the #1 cause system breakdowns resulting in expensive repairs.
· Have your attic checked for proper insulation
· Don't block vents, registers or ducts
· Keep windows and doors closed to improve heat loss.
· Keep fallen leaves, grass clippings, foliage and other dirt and debris away from your outdoor unit
· Have an Advanced Comfort Solutions technician perform a tune up on your system to keep it running efficiently and save you money over the long run.