Summer has officially kicked off here in Southern California. If you havenít noticed, just step outside and feel the heat. Along with the rising temperature come the pool parties, barbecues and trips to the beach to relax and take in the sun. But sometimes the heat can become unbearable and all you want to do is escape it by staying home with the air conditioner on all day.
No doubt that doing so will increase the amount of electricity you use, increasing your bills, reducing the amount of money in your pocket. Here are some useful tips that will help you save energy and money this summer.
- Perform regular maintenance on your central air conditioner and change out youíre A/C filters.
- When leaving your home, make sure to turn off your system.
- Schedule a check up with one of our technicians to ensure your system is running at peak efficiency.
- Set the thermostat to 78 degrees or as high as comfortably possible.
- Using ceiling or room fans instead of central air conditioning can save you up to 90% on your cooling cost.
- Check your windows Keep cool air in with weather stripping on windows.
Your pool will be a popular place to relax this summer. But it can also add to your utility bills during the summer months. Here are some extra tips energy saving tips for pool owners.